New IT Request Service
Effective today, go to help.unc.edu to submit requests for technical support to SON and Campus support teams.
Today, ITS launched a new help.unc.edu and the underlying system – ServiceNow – that we use for support.
What to expect:
- The next time you visit help.unc.edu you’ll notice a new design and layout. The first time you report a problem or submit a request, you will also notice a different set of forms and/or questions that you are asked to complete before submission.
- Soon, you’ll have full visibility into the status of your submission and be able to quickly, and easily, chat with the person assigned to troubleshoot or provide service.
- Notifications and updates will come via email from ServiceNow, the new platform technology provider.
- To check the status of a request or problem, simply visit help.unc.edu and click on “My Requests” in the top menu.
As always, support technicians are also available in Carrington 308, at the ITS Service Desk on the lower level of the Undergraduate Library and by calling SONhelp, 919-966-3388 or Campus ITS, 919-962-HELP (4357).
This is an exciting change that brings many benefits, including the ability to:
- Find answers faster with better knowledge articles.
- Track your requests and support tickets.
- Chat live with IT support staff.
Last year the ITS Service Desk provided assistance on nearly 50,000 tickets that were submitted online in some fashion. This improved platform makes it easier for us to deliver support utilizing the methods that our users prefer.
How to provide feedback
If you have feedback for how we can improve the site, click the “Provide Feedback” link in the footer of the help.unc.edu site
Expect delays in response times during this campus-wide transition.
The SON IIT office provides informational, instructional and technological services that support the achievement of the educational, research and service goals of the School of Nursing.
To achieve our goals we are organized into the four working groups below, which you can learn more about on our Services page.