The staff awards committee is requesting nominations for our fall semester Staff Achievement Awards. We will be accepting nominations through next Wednesday, November 29 at 5:00 p.m. There are three categories in which you can nominate a staff employee. The categories are:
Customer Service – Excellence in assisting others
Effectiveness – Performs duties accurately and follows through
Extra Mile – Going beyond what is expected
How this works:
- The Staff Awards committee solicits semiannual SHRA employee nominations for recognition of outstanding work
- One time in the fall semester
- One time in the spring semester.
- Each chosen recipient receives:
- A certificate for the category for which they were nominated
- $25 monetary gift for a job well done
- Our goal is to announce the Fall Achievement Award recipients again at this year’s holiday luncheon, Dec. 12th, 2017, and the Spring Achievement Award recipients will be announced at the Staff retreat. The recipients will be honored on the SON website.
- These six recipients will also become our nominees for the 2017-2018 Staff of the Year Award.
Who’s on the staff awards committee?
The staff awards committee is comprised of the previous three SOY recipients, one appointed faculty member, and one appointed staff member. This year’s committee members are: Antonio Gatling, Ariel Adams, Katisha Paige, Lynn Farrar and Solomon Valentine.
Staff of the Year Award:
All faculty and staff will be given opportunity to cast their vote for our next SOY recipient
- The six Achievement Award winners (Three from fall, and three from spring) will be our nominees for the next Staff of the Year.
- The staff awards committee will send out an email requesting every faculty and staff member to cast their vote
- On the nomination form you are given the opportunity to explain why that person should receive the SOY award
- Each faculty and staff member can only vote once
- At the end of the allotted voting time, votes are tallied, and our next SOY recipient is chosen (only to the committee)
- The announcement of the SOY recipient is made to the SON Community at the End of Year Party
SOY recipients will receive a nicely framed certificate and a clear tabletop award display, the recipient will also receive (2) paid days off, and a $300 monetary award.
Please find the nomination form below. Feel free to fill it out and email it to Antonio Gatling or print it and slip it under his door (room 516). The electronic version is preferred. Also included is the list of SHRA employees that meet the criteria for the achievement awards, as well as guidelines for both the achievement awards and the SOY award.
Antonio, Ariel, Katisha, Lynn, and Solomon.
Staff Achievement Award Nomination Form Staff Award Program SON Fall 2017 Employee List