Organizing a School of Nursing event? We’re here to help!
Outlined below are the services our team is able to provide and those for which you will be responsible.
As the event coordinator, Andrea will handle the logistics of school events. As the host, you’ll be responsible for developing the content, organizing the program (if applicable), and hosting on the day of the event.
Event Host Responsibilities
(That’s you!)Complete the event request form at least 6 weeks prior to desired event date. Provide content for all materials (save the date, invitation, program, etc.) at least 30 days prior to event. If your event requires a save-the-date, please provide content 60 days prior to event. Provide bullet points for dean remarks if she is expected to speak. Provide event coordinator with budget. Distribute invitations/publicity beyond faculty/staff/student listservs and SON social media accounts. Complete administrative tasks such as collecting phone/email RSVP’s, creating name tags. Staffing the registration table will be the host’s responsibility. Host and staff the event on the day of. Notify event coordinator promptly of any changes.* Please note: Changes or requests not originally outlined may not be submitted less than 7 days prior to event.
Event Coordinator Responsibilites
Upon completion of the event request form…
- Confirmation of work on your event will be sent to you via email. If there are questions or additional details to be discussed, one meeting may be arranged.
- You will be provided with an email outlining all details of the event.
- Seven days prior to your event, all details must be finalized, and if you have requested an email reminder via the event form, it will be sent out by the communications team at this time.
A note about budgeting
- If your event is offsite, please remember to budget for AV rental, parking, service charges, etc.
- Please budget for deliveries of décor or additional shopping items needed. Event coordinator cannot pick up items.