Photo, Video, and Graphics
SON Photo Library
Looking for SON-related photos for your presentation or poster? Check out our SON photo library!
Please email Mariah Keller, the deputy director of communications, at email@example.com for access to download images.
Photo, Video and Graphic Policies
If you’re creating your own multimedia project, please be aware of our photo, video and graphics policy:
Internet photos and graphics
You must obtain permission to use an image that is not owned by the School of Nursing, unless it is clearly a royalty-free image. If you are unsure, contact the owner of the image.
If you are using the image for teaching purposes, this is typically not copyright infringement unless the image is held by another institution.
According to the UNC Libraries Office of Scholarly Communications:
- Fair use is a part of the copyright statute (17 USC 107) that provides a flexible approach to copyright exceptions for a wide variety of useful societal purposes. These include (but are not limited to): criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.
- Four factors are used to analyze whether a use is fair use:
- The purpose and character of use, including whether the use is for commercial or noncommercial purposes;
- The nature of the copyrighted work;
- The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole;
- The effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
If the images not owned by another institution or scholar and you’re using the image for teaching, check the Fair Use legal doctrine to determine whether you would be justified in using it.
Photo and Video Release Form
If you are taking pictures or video of people not affiliated with the School of Nursing and their face is recognizable in your content, please obtain permission from the subject through our release form. The release form is required for all images that include children/minors.Download the photo and video release form